Every now and then we like to create newer, better versions of projects we have made in the past. After all, we are always refining our techniques! Designed by Emily, these crepe paper pomegranates are an updated version of some pomegranates we created a few years ago.
Before you begin, make sure to read our crafting tips below. Then download our template and tutorial to start crafting.
Pom on and craft with us
These crepe paper pomegranates make such beautiful holiday decor. Place a few in a bowl for a simple yet stunning display. Or you can arrange them on your mantel with some other holiday decor.
We’d love to see what you do with this DIY idea, so be sure to share photos with us! Just post pictures to our Facebook page for members or tag #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: For the stem pieces, place the hot glue on the ball, and then press the stem in with your nail to get it as tightly as possible. You’ll also want to line up the tips of the strips with the stem when mod podging them on and overlap them slightly. Finally, do half the ball at a time, and let it mostly dry before doing the other side to avoid tearing the paper while it’s wet.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- 4 ” Foam Balls
- 10mm Cotton Spun Balls
- Mod Podge – Gloss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Enchanted Garden: Ruby
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Metallic Pack: Copper
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Deep Yellow, Deep Red, and Brilliant Magenta
How to Make a Crepe Paper Pomegranate
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Using your scissors, fringe cut the long bronze strip.
- Twist each fringe strip and hot glue the bronze circle around the paper ball.
- Hot glue the fringed strip around the paper ball.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.