If you joined us for our September Member Make, then you know we’re making this month! Instead of our typical crepe paper flower, we thought it would be fun to make a fruit that’s in season. Meagan designed this gorgeous crepe paper pear branch and we can’t wait to show you how to make it during our October Member Make.
Members can join us live on October 16th at 11:00 am PST to craft along with us, or just come hang out and ask questions! In the meantime, you can get ready for our workshop by seeing what supplies you need below.
We make a great pear
We’ve said it before, but we love our crafting community! Member Make is a great time for us all to connect, catch up, and chat with each other. In a way, we feel like we’re joining forces with everyone to spread creativity and positivity through crafting. And that makes us really happy!
When you’re ready to craft with us, just download the template below. This crepe paper pear branch looks so realistic and makes such beautiful home decor — we’re excited to see everyone’s different versions! You could also make a few pears to place in a bowl and use as table decor.
Ready to craft with us? If you haven’t joined us for Member Make before, be sure to read the instructions on how to participate. Otherwise, scroll down for the tools and materials list plus the pattern.
How to Join Our Member Make Challenge
- Become a member and — if you want to meet other flower makers and get more crafting tips — join our Facebook page for members.
- Gather the craft tools and materials you need for this crepe paper pear branch — listed below. Then download the printable template or SVG file at the end of this post.
- Join our YouTube Live on October 16th at 11:00 a.m. PST to craft this crepe paper pear branch with us! We will share the link to join on the Facebook page for members and send it to members who are on our email list. It will also be available for playback here once the live workshop is over.
- Watch our video tutorial to craft along with us and create your own version of this crepe paper pear branch. You can use different colors of paper, materials, or techniques; play around with how you arrange your leaves and pears; or make more than one branch.
- If you need some guidance, reach out to us and others in our crafting community. You can also post progress pictures or ask questions on our Facebook page for members. Make sure to use the hashtag #MemberMake on Instagram and Facebook so your project is easy to find.
- Lastly, share your final version of your crepe paper pear branch! You can post your pictures on our Facebook page for members or on your Instagram page with the hashtag #MemberMake.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Art Sponge
- Needle Nose Tweezers
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Fern & Moss
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Secret Garden: Fern
- Bind Wire – Natural
- Aleene’s Turbo Tacky Glue
- Mod Podge
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Terra Cotta (075) and Wine (012)
- Blick Matte Acrylic Paint — Yellow Orange Deep and Yellow Light
- PanPastel — Burnt Sienna Shade (740.3)
- Paper Mache Pears (if out of stock, you can use the pears at Hofcraft.com)
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.