More gorgeous paper flowers made simple! Designer Jessica did a beautiful job creating these crepe paper potted petunias. Like all of our paper flower projects, it will take you very little effort nor time to bring these beautiful buds to life. Adorn a vase with a bouquet or surprise a friend with a few! These delicate petunias are sure to brighten everyone’s days.
Tools & Materials
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Low Temp Hot Glue Gun
- White Craft Glue
- Crepe paper
- 20-Gauge Floral Wire
- Green Floral Tape
- Art Markers
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut paper according to the template and cut two 9” pieces of floral wire.
- To create the leaves: poke wire in the middle fold of a leaf pair, attach with hot glue, wrap floral wire down the wire, and shape the leaf.
- Draw a line down the middle of the petal with the purple marker and color the top half of the stamen piece with yellow marker.
- To build up bulk at the top of the flower, bend the tip with pliers and then wrap with many layers of floral tape.
- Apply white glue to the bottom half of the stamen piece and wrap around the stem tip. Twist each stamen.
- Apply white glue to five petals and glue around the stamens. Pinch the base together and allow to dry.
- Wrap floral tape around the stem.
- Open up the bloom by gently shaping the petals. Apply a tiny bit of glue to the edge of each petal and glue them together. Trim the stamens.
- Push the stem through the leaf pair and attach with hot glue.
- Continue making stems with leaves. We created 18 for our potted petunia.
- We created 22 petunias in total. Half were white crepe with RV69 stripes and half were Sangria crepe with V09 stripes.
Tips & Sources
A hot glue gun can be substituted for craft glue; however, if using craft glue, make sure to give extra time in the drying process. For our art markers, we used Copic Markers V09, RV69, and Y15. For crepe paper, we used our Sangria, Cypress, and White, but feel free to play around with other colors to give your petunias a personal touch!
More to Explore
Loved making these pretty petunias? We have many other crepe paper flower patterns just waiting for you to craft!
Look us up on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter or get even more creative and sign up for a membership. We love your feedback – always feel free to send us your questions or commentary. And remember to use #LoveLia when sharing photos of your final projects – it’s fun for us to see your creativity in action! Until next time ~Lia & Team