Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
If you want to decorate for fall but don’t want to switch up all of your decor, try adding a purple or red plant to your living room. You can also swap out anything smaller that feels seasonal, like a wreath. Of course we’d rather craft our home decor, so today we are showing you how to make this crepe paper red peperomia plant that Meagan designed.
The skill level for this project is intermediate and the design is simple to cut by hand. Or you can always use your cutting machine if you prefer! Just download our pattern and tutorial below to get started.
The Ripple Effect
With any plant or flower you are making, it’s important to recreate the characteristics that make them special. There are many varieties of the peperomia plant, but we chose to make the “emerald ripple red” because its purple-red leaves are perfect for fall.
Along with its leaf color, the leaves are heart-shaped and deeply rippled. To create these ripples on our crepe paper red peperomia plant, we tried out a new technique and used our curling tool to score the leaves. When you get ready to try out this technique, make sure to read our tip below.
Crafting Tips: We are calling this plant an intermediate craft project because scoring the crepe paper with your curling tool is a newer technique that takes some practice, and you have to be gentle with it so your paper doesn’t rip. Try scoring your crepe paper leaves on a soft surface (like an ironing board or a thick sweatshirt on top of your table) to get a deeper score.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper — Cherry & Raspberry
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Enchanted Garden: Cherry
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Mod Podge
- Blick Studio Brush Markers — Wine (012)
- Design Master Color Tool Spray — Maroon
How to Make a Crepe Paper Red Peperomia Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut crepe paper according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Using a paintbrush, apply mod podge to the darker red side of the crepe paper leaves and allow to partially dry for 10 minutes.
- Spray the side of the leaves that you applied mod podge to with maroon colortool spray.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member