Stop and Smell the Paper Roses
Join us for this workshop to learn our newest technique for making crepe paper roses. This workshop includes a new pattern and a full step-by-step video on how to create these flowers in three sizes plus a bud.
In this workshop, I will teach you how to make crepe paper roses and buds using double-sided crepe paper. And for the leaves and sepals, we will be using extra-fine crepe paper.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
In this workshop, we will use double-sided crepe paper for the petals and an extra-fine crepe for the sepals and leaves.
Let’s Get Started!
When you check out this workshop’s tools and materials list, you will see that you have some options for making these crepe paper roses. You can use our flower kit, which includes crepe paper, floral wire, and floral tape to make 12 roses. However, you can also grab the individual materials from our shop.
If you purchase the kit, keep in mind I have updated the rose template that comes with the kit, and you can download the updated SVG or PDF right here in the right column.
This new pattern for the petals makes it easier to form and shape a perfect rosebud and a small, medium, and full-size bloom. As always, there is flexibility to use the supplies you have on hand and to make whatever size roses you want after watching the video tutorial. For your reference, I have made three of each size.
For more crepe paper flower videos, visit our entire video library.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Hot Glue Gun
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Crepe Paper Flower Kit – Roses
- (NOTE: we are using different patterns than in the kits, which you can download here)
- Lia Griffith Double-Sided Crepe Paper – Honeysuckle & Coral + Apricot & Light Rose (or you can use ANY color of the double-sided crepe for your roses)
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Juniper 0r Olive
- Thick Stem Wire or 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire (I prefer the thick but show how to use 18-gauge in the video)
- Cotton Spun Balls – 20mm (1 pack)
- Floral Tape — Any green
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire (for leaves)
- Thick Stem Wire (optional in place of 18-gauge paper-covered wire)
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member