We have two new crepe paper flowers for you to make this month. One is our Member Make flower and the other is this crepe paper scabiosa, both designed by Meagan. This flower is a first for us and has been requested more than once, so we are happy to finally show you how to make it!
Because there are so many small pieces to cut, we recommend using a Maker or Cameo 4 for this crepe paper scabiosa. Otherwise you can always cut your flowers by hand.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
The scabiosa is known for its round blooms and protruding stamens that look like pins sticking out of a pincushion. For this reason, they’re also called pincushion flowers. Whatever you call them, they are beautiful flowers that you can enjoy in your home year-round when you make them out of crepe paper!
This flower also comes in many colors, including pink, white, cream, lavender, burgundy, and red. Since we are going for more of a dramatic look for this month’s craft collection, Meagan chose a dark purple for her crepe paper scabiosa flowers. You can do the same or choose to make them in another color.
Skill level: Advanced since there are a lot of small pieces to assemble.
Crafting tip: The needle-nose tweezers are very helpful when assembling the petals and placing them around the flower.
How to Make a Crepe Paper Scabiosa Flower
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut crepe paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use hot glue to attach ball to the tip of an 18-gauge wire.
- Stretch the ball cover over the ball using white glue to attach.
Full tutorial available for members to download.
Love making paper flowers? Check out all of our crepe paper flowers to see what else you can craft.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers
- Steel Ball Shaping Tool
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper – Aubergine, Onyx, Lilac, Juniper, and Fern
- Floral Tape — Green
- 10mm Spun Balls
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Floral Wire – 24-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- Posca Paint Marker – 3M Fine Reversible Bullet – Ivory
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member