These crepe paper tree poppies from California steal the show in our Pacific Coast bouquet for Cricut. Poppies have such personality — they’re one of our very favorite flowers to craft. Stay tuned for another poppy project coming tomorrow! Whether you’re creating them as part of a bouquet or on their own, you will surely make a statement with this easy-to-craft paper floral project. We used the all-new Cricut Maker, making these that much simpler and quicker to create. Revolutionize your crafting lifestyle with this magic cutting machine!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Floral Wire – 18 gauge
- Green Floral Tape
- Floristic Crepe Paper
- Extra Fine Crepe Paper
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to the pattern notes using scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Twist each piece of fringe using your fingers.
- Glue the wire to one end of the fringed paper.
- Wrap the fringed paper around the wire, gluing it into place as you wrap.
- Stretch the center and the top of the petals with your fingers.
- Glue three petals evenly around the wire.
- Glue the last three petals evenly around the wire.
- Wrap the base of the flower and the wire with floral tape.
- Open the flower and adjust the petals.
Poppies are known for their exquisite colors. We chose a simple white extra fine crepe paper for our flowers, but we encourage you to play around with other colors of crepe for more vibrancy! For our floristic crepe for our poppies’ centers, we used a Goldenrod color. Again, feel free to give other crepe colors a try!
Craft With Us
Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a membership for just $10 monthly. Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we might even re-post your work on our social media! Always feel free to reach out with your questions and feedback — we love hearing from you! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team