These crepe paper tree poppies from California steal the show in our Pacific Coast bouquet for Cricut. Poppies have such personality — they’re one of our very favorite flowers to craft. Stay tuned for another poppy project coming tomorrow! Whether you’re creating them as part of a bouquet or on their own, you will surely make a statement with this easy-to-craft paper floral project. We used the all-new Cricut Maker, making these that much simpler and quicker to create. Revolutionize your crafting lifestyle with this magic cutting machine!
Tools & Materials
- Craft Scissors
- Hot Glue Gun
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- Floral Tape — Fern
- Lia Griffith Heavy Crepe Paper — Snowflake
- Lia Griffith Extra-Fine Crepe Paper — Mango
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the crepe paper according to the pattern notes using scissors or the Cricut Maker.
- Twist each piece of fringe using your fingers.
- Glue the wire to one end of the fringed paper.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Though many poppies are known for their exquisite colors, a simple white heavy crepe paper is perfect for this tree poppy. For the centers, we used a bright mango color. Again, feel free to give other crepe colors a try!
Craft With Us
Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a membership for just $10 monthly. Remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your finished projects — we might even re-post your work on our social media! Always feel free to reach out with your questions and feedback — we love hearing from you! Happy crafting ~ Lia & Team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.