If you are like a lot of us in the studio, then you don’t have very many options in the way of green clothing for St. Patrick’s Day. But have no fear! This clover hair clip tutorial is the perfect option for adding a pop of green to your wardrobe so you can avoid being pinched on March 17. Because the project is so simple, you can easily turn it into a kid’s craft by using a tacky glue instead of a hot glue gun. For an extra does of cute, we added a felt ladybug to the hair clip, but feel free to do your own customization!
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Juniper, Cherry, and Black
- Black Craft Paint
- Hairpin Blank, Clip or Bobby Pin
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Print the PDF template below and cut your felt piece according to the pattern.
- Paint dots onto the red felt piece (ladybug wings) with black paint using the back end of a small paintbrush. Let dry.
- Add a dot of glue at the base of each clover leaf and pinch.
Full tutorial available for members only. Join here!
This project is really straightforward, so it is a great DIY to do with your kids! If you are doing this with little ones, however, we would recommend using a quick dry tacky glue rather than a hot glue gun.
More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
To get into the holiday spirit you can find all of our St. Patrick’s Day crafts here. Up next we’ll be sharing a whole new collection of projects for Easter, so stay tuned! Get in on the crafty fun with us by joining our crafting community. Follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for daily inspiration, or let us know what projects you’d like to see on the site by leaving a comment below. Until next time! ~ Lia & Team