Yesterday our studio was buzzing with last-minute Christmas crafting. We made two adorable DIY felt Christmas stockings (along with two elegant white stockings coming next) in our ongoing Arctic theme that we have used for window clings, Santa letters, gift wrap, gift tags, and gift toppers. These DIY felt stockings are quite simple to make and are so nice to the touch as we used the luscious wool blend felt from our shop. You will find all of the links to the tools and materials below. The pretty blue-green socks are from the easy-to-sew material and you can make one sock base from two of the 12×18 pieces of felt. For the stocking and the animal template, you can download them by using the button at the end of the post. Below you will find my step-by-step tutorial on how we assembled these adorable stockings.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Clover Embroidery Needles
- Clover Marbled Glass Head Pins
- Sewing Machine
- Iron, Ironing Board, and Press Cloth
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Misty Morning, Kelp, Ocean Blue, Pomegranate, Merlot, Charcoal, Vanilla, and White.
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Black (310)
- Craft Eyes for Needle Felting – about 4mm
- White Sewing Thread
- 3/8″ Twill Bias Ribbon — White or Beige
- Tacky Glue
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.