One type of DIY that we can never get enough of is DIY jewelry. As a result, we get to explore lots of different materials in making our own jewelry, like hardware store goodies or modeling clay. I know it might be hard to believe at first, but this pretty DIY flower ring is actually a shrinky dink! The entire process is extremely easy, and the result is unique and charmingly adorable.
Just download our flower template below and follow our step-by-step tutorial.
Not Your Grandma’s Flower Ring
Shrink film is one of our favorite materials for crafting jewelry. Along with this DIY flower ring, we have made tons of necklaces and earrings. Additionally, we have used it to make gift tags, magnets, and cute charms. As you can see, this craft supply is very versatile, so it’s always a good idea to have some on hand.
We think this DIY flower ring is perfect for flower lovers of all ages. But, we could see it being an especially great jewelry gift for teens and tweens—or something they could craft on their own! Depending on their age, you may want to help with them certain parts of the crafting process. And it will make for a fun indoor activity that the two of you can do together.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: This is your handmade flower ring, so you can customize it however you want! You can easily make yours with a silver bead and ring band, or add a different color of marker to the stamen.
When it’s time to bake the flower ring pieces, make sure to follow the instructions on your specific shrink film. Generally, you will need to place the petals onto a sheet of parchment paper. Shape them as quickly as possible after pulling them out of the oven because the more they cool, the less malleable they will be. We recommend shaping them on a soft surface, like a foam sheet or a kitchen pot holder with the parchment paper in between.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Oven or Toaster Oven
- Emery Board or Fine Grit Sand Paper
Instructions for DIY Flower Ring
- Gather your craft tools and materials listed above. Then, download the flower template at the end of this post and cut onto shrink film.
- Color the stamen piece and the center of the petals with a pink marker. Bake the larger petal round.
- Quickly remove from oven, and then use the handle of a paintbrush to gently push down the middle of the flower. Shape the petals upward with your fingers (see photo tutorial). Repeat Steps 4–5 for the second large petal round.
- Bake the smaller stamen piece, and then gently shape with a smaller paintbrush.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.