What’s your favorite thing about fall? If you love all things pumpkin, we think you’ll enjoy this DIY project! Since so many of you loved our ombré oak leaf branches last month, we decided to make ombré paper pumpkins.
Orange You Glad It’s Fall?
The great thing about DIY projects is using what you have—or taking something you’ve already made—and transforming it into something new. And that’s exactly what we did for this project. We took the pattern from our little paper pumpkins and used different colors of paper and PanPastels to make our ombré paper pumpkins.
When you’re done crafting your pumpkins, we’d love to see how you decorate your home with them! Make sure to post pictures of your own ombré paper pumpkins on Instagram or Facebook and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia so we can see them.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine or Scissors
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Paper Curler
- PanPastel Sponge
- Soft Round Paint Brush
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Curious Metallic Botanic Green and Red Lacquer and Shine Copper Shimmer Metallic
- Card Stock Paper — FAV Shimmer Garnet Plum
- Kraft Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers Kraft
- Pan Pastels — Blick Painting Pastels in Rich Gold, Copper, and Magenta Extra Dark
- Clear Finish Spray — Krylon Glossy
- Gather tools and materials listed above. Then download your SVG file or PDF template.
- Cut paper according to template notes using your scissors or Cricut Maker.
- Dab sponge onto PanPastel in Rich Gold and Copper.
- Apply to red and plum pumpkins starting from the center, bringing color halfway up panels.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
You can also visit our social pages to see our latest DIY projects for fall and Halloween. If you want more inspiration, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
Finally, you can become a member. Membership gives you access to all of our printable patterns, SVG files, simple tutorials, and more. Head on over to our membership page now to see our two membership options as well as the full list of exclusive perks for members. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team