What’s your favorite thing about fall? If you love all things pumpkin, we think you’ll enjoy this DIY project! Since so many of you loved our ombré oak leaf branches last month, we decided to make ombré paper pumpkins.
Orange You Glad It’s Fall?
The great thing about DIY projects is using what you have—or taking something you’ve already made—and transforming it into something new. And that’s exactly what we did for this project. We took the pattern from our little paper pumpkins and used different colors of paper and PanPastels to make our ombré paper pumpkins.
When you’re done crafting your pumpkins, we’d love to see how you decorate your home with them! Make sure to post pictures of your own ombré paper pumpkins on Instagram or Facebook and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia so we can see them.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Curling Tool
- PanPastel Sponge
- Soft Round Paint Brush
- Text Weight Paper – Curious Metallic Red Lacquer, Shine Copper
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Conifer Pack: #2
- Card Stock Paper – FAV Shimmer Garnet Plum
- Kraft Text Weight Paper – Spekletone Kraft
- PanPastels – Metallic Rich Gold, Metallic Copper, and Magenta Extra Dark
- Clear Finish Spray – Krylon Glossy
- Gather tools and materials listed above. Then download your SVG file or PDF template.
- Cut paper according to template notes using your scissors or Cricut Maker.
- Dab sponge onto PanPastel in Rich Gold and Copper.
- Apply to red and plum pumpkins starting from the center, bringing color halfway up panels.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Find More Fall Décor Ideas for Your Home
Love decorating for fall? Browse our fall home décor ideas. You might also be interested in our Halloween crafts.
You can also visit our social pages to see our latest DIY projects for fall and Halloween. If you want more inspiration, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, and YouTube.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Hello there, I am having difficulties with downloading the svg. Thank you for your time.
Hi! The download is working fine on our end– can you email email@example.com with more details about the problem? Thank you!
On the template, what is the function of the long skinny piece (circles on each end & circle in the middle of the piece)?
Never mind, just saw the reference to pumpkins you did before that have pictures to go with instructions. Thanks!
Hi Christine! Oh good, we’re glad you were able to find the reference for help 🙂 Let us know if you have any further questions and we would be happy to help!