Homemade Halloween costumes are always a great idea—especially if you want to save money. Plus they’re more unique than your typical store-bought costumes. If you need some inspiration, we’re here to help! This DIY ice cream cone costume is cute, fun, and easy to make. You could even create an adult-sized version for yourself!
Scream for Ice Cream This Halloween
Our designer Krista, creator of all things cute, crafted this sweet costume. What do you think? Isn’t it adorable?
Below you’ll find all the tools and materials you need for this DIY ice cream cone costume. The white tulle skirt we used is no longer available, but it comes in other cute colors. If you prefer the white skirt, you could find another version that you like. Just remember to start looking now since stuff starts selling out the closer it gets to Halloween.
If you end up making this DIY ice cream cone costume, let us know how it went! In fact, we’d love to see any and all homemade costumes for Halloween. As always, you can share your DIY creations with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Iron, Ironing Board, and Press Cloth
- Sewing Needle
- Clover Extra Large Pom Pom Maker
- Felt — Benzie Toast, Periwinkle, Pink, Magenta, Butter, Seafoam, and White
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Blanc, Light Aquamarine (993), Light Golden Yellow (3078), Dark Cyclamen Pink (3804), Light Dusty Rose (151), and Light Blue Violet (156)
- White Acrylic Yarn — Knit Picks Brava Sport
- Stitch Fusible Web
- Glitter Iron-On — Cricut Gold Glitter
- White T-Shirt
- White Tulle Skirt (White is sold out, but they have 5 others colors that would work well for this costume)
- Gather tools and materials. Download pattern below.
- Cut out the waffle cone pattern on gold glitter iron-on using a cutting machine. Weed out the design and iron it onto the felt. Use the cone PDF template to line up the grid and cut out the cone.
- Flip over the felt piece and fold over the straight edge.
- Roll the rounded side on top to form a cone. Glue the edges to secure shape.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Find More Ideas for Halloween
Love this DIY ice cream cone costume? You can find more costumes along with Halloween décor here. We’ll also be sharing new Halloween projects and crafts on our social pages. You can find us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
You can also become a member to access all of our DIY projects. Membership includes printable patterns, SVG files, easy tutorials, and more. Head on over to our membership page now to see our membership options as well as the full list of membership perks. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team