Looking for a beautiful Halloween costume? This one is a stunner! And it’s super simple, too. While we usually focus on DIY Halloween costumes for kids, this is a great one for adults. Scroll down to see how you can make your own sun and moon headbands for Halloween.
We’re Over the Moon for This DIY
These sun and moon headbands aren’t the only creative part of this DIY outfit for Halloween. There are so many ways for you to be original or artistic with this Halloween costume idea! For the moon outfit, you could wear a black or silver top, stick some silver stars on your face (or maybe draw them on), and add some glitter. You could also use shimmery makeup. For the sun outfit, we found this gold and white sequined shirt at a local thrift shop. We suggest browsing thrift shops near you or looking on Amazon for metallic shirts.
While we think this is a fun Halloween costume idea for two people, you could always just pick one of these to be, too. Whatever you decide, we’d love to see it! Make sure to share your DIY Halloween costumes with us on Instagram using the hashtag #MadeWithLia. If you want other costume ideas, you can find more Halloween costumes here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Glitter Cardstock — Cricut 12″x12″ Glitter Cardstock in Silver and Gold
- Text Weight Paper — PaperPapers 8.5″x11″ FAV Shimmer in Pure Gold
- Headbands — Silver Double Headbands
- 24-Gauge White Paper Covered Wire
- Scotch Adhesive Roller
- Gather tools and materials. Download your SVG file or printable PDF below.
- Cut paper for moon headband according to template notes using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use the adhesive roller to sandwich a 5-inch wire between two stars.
- Fold the moon along the score line.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Love the décor for this holiday? We’ve got tons of Halloween ideas for you to explore! You can also visit our social pages to see the new crafts and projects we’ve been working on for Halloween. So if you want more inspiration, make sure to follow us on Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
You can also become a member to gain access to all of our DIY projects. This includes printable patterns, SVG files, easy tutorials, and more. Head on over to our membership page now to see our two membership options as well as the full list of exclusive perks for members. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team