Even your furry friends deserve a little costume fun this Halloween season! So how about transforming your canines into mythical creatures? Today we’re showing you how to make this DIY dragon costume for your dog.
We took the look to a whole new level with an impromptu Mother of Dragons costume to honor the ever-popular TV show Game of Thrones. Find a wig and drape yourself in gauze for a similar look! This is a perfect costume ensemble for what is sure to be your most memorable Halloween yet!
To make this dragon costume for your dog, you’ll need the tools and materials we listed below. Once you have those, scroll all the way down to download, print, and cut the pattern.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Tube Cutter
- Rotary Cutter & Ruler (optional)
- Iron, Ironing Board, & Press Cloth
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Black
- Wire Coat Hanger
- Black Velcro
- Fusible Interfacing — Pellon Craft-Fuse 808
- Fusible Web
- Black Marker
- Fabric Pencil/White Crayon
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the dragon wings from felt according to the pattern below.
- Cut out the fusible interfacing, one layer for each wing, slightly smaller than the felt wings (see pattern). Iron it onto two of the wings, mirrored.
- Cut out your stitch witchery, one layer for each wing, slightly smaller than the felt wings (same as the interfacing). Iron it between the fused wing layer and the top felt piece to adhere together and create a firm, but flexible wing.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
More to Explore
Can’t wait to make this dragon costume for your dog? You can find more DIY crafts for pets here.
Questions? Feedback? We want to hear from you! Always feel free to reach out. And remember to use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your latest projects on your social pages — your creativity never fails to inspire! Cheers ~ Lia & team
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.