Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Our embroidery projects just keep on growing, thanks to Emily! This month’s collection includes this super cute DIY craft — an embroidered felt insect banner. If you didn’t know, we have a fondness for little critters like the ones featured on this banner and have made ladybugs, moths, and more out of paper and felt.
When you’re ready to get started, check out our tools and materials list below. Then download our pattern and tutorial to start crafting.
You don’t have to wing it
Due to all the embroidery involved, we would say this is more of an intermediate project. But hopefully our tutorial still makes it a lot simpler for you to craft on your own! That’s always our goal with any DIY craft on our site, and you can always comment below if you have any questions.
When you’re done crafting your embroidered felt insect banner, be sure to share photos with us! We think it would make really cute kid’s decor, whether it’s hanging in a bedroom or playroom.
Skill level: Intermediate
Embroidery stitches used: Backstitch, stem stitch, satin stitch, split stitch, straight stitch, chain stitch, french knot, and lazy daisy. For extra guidance on some of these stitches, check out our free embroidery guide.
- Sulky Stick n’ Stitch
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt —Cotton, Sweet Pea, Plum, Pistachio, Kelp, Turquoise, Arctic, Bluebell, Lavender, and Hydrangea
- Embroidery Floss — DMC B5200, 15, 24, 535, 779, 823, 890, 924 and 963
- Tacky Glue or Art Glitter Glue
- A straight stick or wooden dowel (the stick I used is from a hazelnut water sprout in my garden)
How to Make an Embroidered Felt Insect Banner
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Print templates on Sulky Stick n’ Stitch Printable Water Soluble Stabilizer.
- Place base template onto Cotton Felt and cut around the dotted line to create the banner shape.
- Stitch the bug legs in according to the template.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member