Fall is a great time to sit around your table with the younger ones and make a few cute kids’ crafts. These little pine cone cuties are a traditional favorite! Today we are sharing a fun printable pattern with our own twist. You can find this pattern and the photo tutorial for these felt and pine cone turkeys at the end of this post. If you want some other fun Thanksgiving craft ideas you can make with kids, take a look at our turkey finger puppet and turkey crayon cup.
All you need for these felt and pine cone turkeys is a stack of felt, scissors, googly eyes, and some glue. Though I use hot glue for almost everything I make, a white craft glue would work well too—especially for little ones.
Felt is so fun to craft with and once you have the pieces trimmed, you can make these pine cone turkeys come to life with their own personalities. See my step-by-step tutorial of how I made these little turkeys below and you can download and print the pattern at the end of the post. We would love to see the results of your kids’ crafts so make sure and share photos on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
Tools & Materials
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Pine Cones
- Googly Eyes
- Wool Blend Felt – Mango, Cranberry, Pumpkin, Bark Brown, Doe Brown, Dove
How to Make a Felt and Pine Cone Turkey
- Gather your craft materials. Then download our turkey pattern at the end of this post.
- Use the pattern to trim your felt pieces. There’s also a pre-colored version if your kids want to make this turkey out of paper instead.
- Use glue to put the face pieces together and then the tail feathers (follow the template notes).
- Glue the tail feathers onto the back of your pine cone.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
To see our latest holiday crafts, make sure to follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. You can also browse our video tutorials for DIY projects on our YouTube channel. Or join our crafting community for more DIY fun and support!