November is that time of the year here where we huddle up and hibernate at home. So why not craft your own little hibernation buddy? Our felt bear stuffie would make cute decor for a woodland winter mantel — or you can craft it as a handmade toy for kids.
This project falls somewhere between a beginner and intermediate skill level. That being said, it’s one of the easier standing stuffies on our site that does not take long to sew up. Just follow our tutorial on the right hand side of this post!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
To create this classic woodland bear, our designer Krista used two contrasting brown felt colors —one of which is our new heathered light brown color that looks a bit like fur. If you want, you could also all white felt to make a polar bear instead. Or maybe make both versions to use for holiday decorations (along with our felt reindeer!).
After making your felt bear stuffie, share it with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram. You can also email photos to us at email@example.com — or post pictures on our Facebook page for members. For more woodland animal crafts to pair with your felt bear, you can make our felt wolf, hedgehogs, or rabbit.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Felt Bear Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using scissors or a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using two strands of light brown embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat the step above for all of the legs.
Full tutorial available for members to download on the right hand side at the top of this post.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors (optional)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Oyster, Hazelnut, and Black
- Embroidery Floss — Light Mocha Brown (3782), Light Brown (434), and Black (310)
- Stuffie Puff — Fiber Fill
- Black Safety Eyes — 5mm
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member