Hedgehogs are one of those animals that everyone seems to adore. There are millions of videos on YouTube featuring these cute critters; some even have their own Instagram accounts! We got a lot of requests to make this stuffie, so our designer Krista got to work and added an extra level of cuteness by making two felt hedgehogs — a mama and a baby.
If you have made some of our stuffies before, this is a good entry project for something more intermediate. Just gather the tools and materials in the right panel. Then follow our tutorial to start crafting!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Everything Quill Be Alright
We call this an intermediate project because it is a standing stuffie with 3D construction. For example, our felt owl and felt sloth are simpler to craft. So if you have made some of these stuffies and feel ready to tackle something a bit more complicated, then this is the project for you. Especially since the spines are all attached with glue, and there are only some decorative stitches on the front around the face of the felt hedgehogs.
Of course, if you have any questions, just comment below. Don’t forget that we are always here to guide you and help you!
Skill level: Intermediate
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini-course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Felt Hedgehogs
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the hedgehog pattern above in the right panel.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using a Cricut Maker/Silhouette Cameo 4 or scissors. Note: this tutorial shows how to make the adult-sized hedgehog, but the baby size is assembled the same way.
- Sew the legs to the underside piece using one strand of tan embroidery floss and a whip stitch, working from what will be the inside of the legs. Match and follow the curve of the leg openings, and ensure that the legs are facing the right way.
- Repeat this step for all of the legs of your felt hedgehog.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
When you’re done crafting your stuffies, email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag them on social with #MadeWithLia. We always love seeing what you make! For daily DIY ideas and inspiration, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or browse our YouTube channel for crafting video tutorials.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Almond, Doe Brown, Bark Brown, and Hazelnut
- Embroidery Floss — Light Mocha Beige (3864), Light Brown (434), Medium Mocha Beige (3863), and Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938)
- Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Craft Eyes – 6mm and 5mm
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member