This owl stuffie is a great craft project for those of you at an intermediate skill level. If you’re new to making felt stuffies or consider yourself a beginner, you may want to check out this felt owl stuffie instead. He is just as cute but requires less stitching and layering.
Owl You Need is Felt
There’s so much you can do with felt, like create this cute felt barn owl stuffie—or one of the many other stuffies we have on our site. If you have little ones who want to join in on the fun, check out our felt and pine cone owls.
When you’re ready to craft your felt barn owl stuffie, just gather the tools and materials below. Then follow our step-by-step tutorial. If you have a Cricut Maker, you can use our SVG file to cut your felt pieces. Otherwise, you can use our PDF template to cut your felt by hand.
If you love woodland animals and are crafting this owl for a kid’s themed party or to use as nursery decor, we have some other fun ideas for you! Make sure to take a look at our tissue paper pom-pom owls, which are perfect for baby showers, birthdays, or a kid’s room. Or browse all of our woodland crafts on the site.
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Mushroom, Doe Brown, Vanilla
- Embroidery Floss — Light Mocha Brown (3782), Medium Mocha Beige (3863), Off White (746)
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Stuffie Puff (Poly-Fil)
- Tacky Glue
How to Make a Felt Barn Owl Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the owl pattern and embroidery key below.
- Cut your felt pieces according to the template notes, using your Cricut Maker or scissors.
- Fly stitch the feathers onto the wings (use embroidery key as a guide).
- Tie french knots on all of the brown feathers.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Find More Projects You Love
And if you have any questions, just let us know. Happy crafting!
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.