Meet Ollie. Ollie is an impossibly cute owl stuffie made from gorgeous wool felts and a little hand stitching. And with our downloadable pattern and tutorial below, you can make your own felt owl! We love love love owls at Lia Griffith HQ. In fact, you may have seen our west elm owl mugs pop up in lots of our photographs. Also, we have a couple gorgeous owl ceramics and have made cork owls, pinecone owls, and owl artwork over the years. But Ollie the owl’s cuteness factor is off the charts.
Hooo’s the Cutest?
To make your own felt owl stuffie, start by downloading the pattern below and cutting the templates into soft wool felt. The only stitching skills you need are a running stitch and blanket stitch. Therefore, this pattern makes a great project for a child or a beginner. Once all your pieces are cut, you can follow the tutorial below to assemble the little guy.
If you craft this felt owl, let us know how it went! And make sure to share your pics with us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter and use the hashtag #MadeWithLia. We love to see what you’re up to and we will always share our faves! Enjoy! ~ Lia and team
Crafting Tip: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Embroidery Needles
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Paprika, Charcoal, Marble, Dove, White, Camel, and Black
- Embroidery Floss — DMC White, Dark Pewter Gray (413), Pearl Grey (415), Medium Mahogany (301), and Tan (436)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Gather tools and materials.
- Cut felt according to the pattern below.
- Glue eyes in place and straight stitch on the outer eyes in matching embroidery floss.
- Layer the feathers on the front and add dots of hot glue to hold in place.
- Straight stitch the beak on with matching floss. Then straight stitch the top layer of feathers in matching floss.
- Straight stitch line details onto 2 of the wings, mirrored.
- Glue just the top of the wings to the front of the body.
- Blanket stitch the 2 body pieces together using white embroidery floss, leaving the bottom open to stuff.
- Blanket stitch both of the feet together using matching floss and stuff before closing.
- Gently stuff the owl body with poly-fill.
- Finish blanket stitching the bottom closed and glue on the feet.
- Glue on the layers of feathers on the backside (same as the front).
- To hide stitching, glue the slightly smaller wing pieces to the underside of the wings.
- Add additional glue to keep wings in place if needed.
Make More Cute Stuffies
Love making stuffies? You can find more felt animals here. You’ll also find new DIY ideas every day on our Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube pages. So make sure to follow us on your favorite social platform!
If you want to craft this cute felt owl and other animal friends, membership may be the right option for you. This includes printable patterns, SVG files, simple tutorials, and more. Head on over to our membership page now to see our two membership options and the full list of membership perks!
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] Источник: liagriffith.com […]
[…] a more colorful craft, you can collect a few different colors of felt and create owls. You will want to cut out the body of the owl alongside wings, eyes, feet, and a beak. Add the […]
Can I purchase the Felt Owl Stuffie pattern without signing up for a membership?
Hi! We aren’t able to sell our patterns as single downloads (yet!), but you can always sign up for a membership then cancel after you have downloaded what you need. It would be less expensive that way anyway 🙂
Would I be able to download this pattern with the monthly membership or would I need the annual membership?
Yes, our monthly members have access to the same projects as annual members.
I love owls them in every form this is really cute and quick making a garland from this little owlette.thank you for sharing, Wanda
Such a fun idea! Have fun, Wanda 🙂
How do you sew on the feet? Jolie
We actually just glued them on (see step 11 in the photo tutorial) 🙂
[…] Felt owl stuffie from Lia Griffith […]
I’ve noticed you seem to buy your felt from Benzie Design on Etsy. All the other templates have listed the colors you used, I was just wondering what colors were used for the owl pictured? Love them!
Of course! The colors from Benzie we used were: lucky penny, graphite, smoke, silver, white, and black. The felt around the eyes is an oatmeal color that was from our local fabric store, but you could probably substitute it with another light brown color from Benzie like Seaside or Latte!
[…] owl softie from Lia Griffith – make your own little owl friend to cuddle – hoot […]
Is there any way I can print out the photos of the step by step instructions? This isn’t offered with the download pattern and would be very helpful to have without having to open the computer to look at it. It would also be helpful to have a supplies list when shopping for the things needed to make these. Thanks…want to make a few of these while recuperating from knee surgery.
You can always just click on the photo tutorial to pull it up in a new window and then print that out! I will work on making supplies lists in the future 🙂
Today (11/25/15) I double clicked on the step by step instructions and they popped up in a window. Chose print and reduced it to 75% thus reducing the pages to 2. I also use Evernote (like dropbox) and uploaded the instructions to my DIY folder. So cute!!
So cute I can’t wait to make this for my Granddaughters. Thank you
Wonderful!! Glad you like 🙂
Hi, can I buy just a couple patterns without a membership. I don’t get on the computer that much.
Thanks for your time,
Hi Laura, you can find some select individual patterns for sale through our Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/LiaGriffith?ref=hdr_shop_menu
If there is any specific template that you don’t see on our Etsy shop but would like to buy, let me know and I will add it 🙂