Our first-ever felt raccoon stuffie is finally ready to share with you today! Isn’t he cute? Our designer Meagan has been working on a new series of woodland creatures, and this little guy is the latest addition.
Along with our felt raccoon stuffie, you can make our new felt red fox stuffie. We have a couple more woodland animals in the works, but those are for another day! So let’s get to the tutorial below…
Cute, Clever, & Crafty
Raccoons may be crafty, but so are you! Today we’re showing you how to craft this cute and clever animal using the tools and materials we’ve listed below along with our pattern. While you don’t have to use exactly what we use, we always recommend using a high-quality felt for your handmade stuffies.
If you’re making this felt raccoon stuffie as part of a woodland theme for a nursery or kid’s room, we have a couple of other crafts you might want to check out! For example, there’s our papercut woodland baby mobile, our woodland art, and our woodland DIY throw pillows. Or, if you’re gifting this to your favorite kiddo, you can wrap it up with this pretty woodland wrapping paper.
Ready to craft your felt raccoon stuffie? Just follow the tutorial and let us know if you have any questions along the way. Also, if you have any little ones who want to join in on the crafting fun, they can make their own felt raccoons using pinecones!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Marble, Slate, Antique, Black
- Embroidery Floss – Steel Grey (318), Pewter Grey (413), Very Light Pearl Grey (762), Black (310)
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Poly-fill — Stuffie Puff
- Tacky Glue
How to Make a Felt Raccoon Stuffie
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut felt according to the template notes, using your scissors or a Cricut Maker.
- Use a small dab of glue to hold felt details in place for sewing.
- Whip stitch the ear centers onto the ears and the white face and grey face detail onto body; then blanket stitch the ear pieces together.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Get Crafty with Us!
Want more craft ideas like this one? We have tons of felt and fiber crafts for you to explore on the site—as well as more stuffie patterns. Or branch out to a new medium! We have paper flowers, jewelry, and many more DIY project ideas that are simple to make.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.