As seen in our Felt Moonrise Poppy project post — get crafty with these felt billy balls and leaves! These billy balls, modeled after an actual flower from an Orange Ball Tree, are called Orange Ball Buddleja. In tandem with the Moonrise Poppies and leaves, they add such unique flair to a bouquet. Using the all-new Cricut Maker, this project is a breeze! If you don’t have access to a cutting machine, you can also cut by hand. We’ve included both SVG and PDF files to give you the option. Enjoy!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Wire Cutters
- Felt – Fern, Moss
- Felted Balls – 2cm Tangerine, 1cm Mustard, Fern
- Marker – Grass Green
- Floral Wire – 18-gauge
- Floral Tape
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the leaves and use a marker to draw leaf veins.
- Glue leaves onto your floral wire.
- Use floral tape to cover the wire.
- Cut four shorter wires, then glue and poke orange and yellow balls onto each end. Attach a green felted ball to a long wire.
- Use floral tape to attach yellow balls to the base of the green ball.
- Wrap orange felted balls to the base next to the yellow balls with floral tape.
Craft With Us
Join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for your own Lia Griffith membership today! For a chance to be featured on our social media, use #MadeWithLia when sharing photos of your work. And remember to reach out with any questions or feedback — we love hearing from you! All the best ~ Lia & Team