This beautiful felt cherry blossom branch is incredibly realistic. The felt flowers marry perfectly with the natural tree branch to create a gorgeous project that will have your home blooming all year long. Follow along with our easy breezy tutorial below to craft your own cherry blossoms today.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Felt – Benzie Design “Fern”, “Sage”, “White”
- Art Marker – Copic “Pale Heath V000”
- Wood Beads – 3/8 inch in diameter
- Embroidery Floss – DMC 165 ”Very Light Moss Green”
- Branch – from your own yard, tree, or local flower shop
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Use the art marker to color the top edges of each petal.
- Fold the embroidery floss about 2” long with 6 floss pieces.
- Knot one end, cut off the top loops then unravel each floss piece.
- Glue four petals evenly around the floss with the knot at the base. Glue all four small petals onto one side of wood bead to create a bud.
- Flip the bud piece over and glue the top of the small petals up and around the bead, overlapping as shown. Glue and pinch the base of each leaf.
- Arrange and glue the blossoms, buds, and leaves to your wood branch.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team