How cute is this felt chipmunk that Krista designed? A perfect end-of-summer and early fall craft, this is a great intro project for anyone wanting to create more 3D felt animal stuffies.
Because of the 3D construction and the details involved, we would say this felt craft is somewhere between a beginner and intermediate skill level. Just download our pattern and tutorial below, and be sure to reach out if you have questions!
Nuts about you
This felt chipmunk has sewn-on felt details for his signature stripes and a posable wired tail (made possible with a pipe cleaner!). For an extra level of cuteness, we gave him a tiny pine cone to hold. If you do go exploring for pine cones, you could also grab some bigger ones for your kiddos to make some adorable felt and pine cone crafts.
As with all of our felt stuffies, we recommend using detail scissors for a more precise cut. But you can always use your Maker or Cameo 4 if you prefer to use your cutting machine.
Skill level: Beginner-Intermediate.
Stitches used: Blanket stitches, whip, straight, back, fly, and ladder stitches. For more guidance on these stitches, check out our embroidery guide.
Crafting Tips: New to crafting felt animal stuffies and want to learn more? Take our mini course, 8 Easy Steps to Create Any Felt Stuffie.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker 3 or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Peat Moss, Bark Brown, and Sand
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Light Brown(434), Light Hazelnut Brown (422), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), and Black (310)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Craft Eyes – 6mm
- Pipe Cleaner
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make a Felt Chipmunk
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine or scissors.
- Using your PDF pattern as a guide, whip stitch the stripe details onto both of the body pieces, mirrored. Use 1 strand of floss to match the felt, working in one layer at a time.
- Whip stitch the two stripes onto the tail.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.