These adorable ellies are the newest addition to our felt friends. We are in love with the small details like their curved trunks and braided tails. Make these felt elephants in different colors and give them as gifts or keep the cuteness all for yourself. How do you craft an elephant? One stitch at a time. We’ve listed out everything you need below to make this project so you don’t get stuck.
For more felt animal stuffies, click here.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Wool Blend Felt – Driftwood, One-Shade-of-Grey, Mediterranean Mist, Storm Clouds, Blushing Bride
- Embroidery Floss – DMC #3779, 503, 169, 3041, 3041
- 2 Black Beads
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out the felt pieces according to the pattern.
- Sew the felt cheeks and bead eyes to both sides of the elephant.
- Sew down the trunk, and stuff with polyfil as you sew around the trunk.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team