Who is ready for a new set of pocket pals? Designed by Krista, these felt fairy pocket pals are adorable for all ages and fun for creative play. Just check out our supplies list below, then download the pattern and tutorial at the end of the post.
This craft project is a simple one to cut by hand. Or you can always use our SVG file if you prefer to use your Maker or Cameo 4.
Along with showing you how to make these felt fairy pocket pals, our pattern includes two hairstyles and two dress options. This way, you can make two different types of fairies, both of which are just under 4″ tall. As always we have linked the felt colors we used, but you can use whatever colors you like.
When you’re done crafting your felt fairy pocket pals, you can move on to making them a house! Our felt stump house is the perfect place for felt fairies to play in and reside. We’d love to see your version of these craft projects, so be sure to share photos on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia — or post them on our new community page.
Skill level: Beginner-intermediate
Stitches used: Blanket, ladder, back, straight stitch, and french knot. Want more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needles
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Water Lily, Lavender, Amethyst, Plum, Sweet Pea, Bluebell, Light Peach, Camel, and Kelp
- Embroidery Floss — DMC White Lavender (24), Medium Dark Blue Violet (155), Medium Antique Violet (3041), Medium Antique Mauve (316), Very Light Plum (3608), Ultra Dark Dusty Rose (3350), Very Light Cornflower Blue (157), Very Light Peach (948), Tan (436), and Black (310)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Tacky Glue
- Art Marker — Tombow Dusty Rose (772)
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make Felt Fairy Pocket Pals
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine with rotary blade (optional) or scissors.
- Whip stitch the hair to the faces using 1 strand of floss that matches the hair color. Sew just where the hair frames
- Draw guidelines for the face embroidery using a disappearing ink pen (see PDF template).
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.