Fairy Tale Fun!
It is always a treat to bring back one of our original projects that have been a member favorite. This set of felt fairy tale finger puppets is such a great craft for a beginner and even a child who is learning to sew. You can easily change the skin tones and princess hair color to match the lucky child who will find hours of creative playtime with our magical medieval crew.
Just check out our tools and materials list below. Then download our pattern and tutorial to start crafting!
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Our felt fairy tale finger puppets include the patterns to make a princess, unicorn, knight, wizard, and dragon. You can make one of each character or make multiples in different colors for some variation. Another fun ideas is to match up these characters with our new papercut castle luminaries!
Skill level: Beginner
Embroidery stitches used: Blanket stitch, whip stitch, and running stitch. If you need more guidance on these stitches, check out our free embroidery guide for step-by-step tutorials.
How to Make Felt Fairy Tale Finger Puppets
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template above.
- Cut your felt pieces according to the template, using either your scissors or a cutting machine.
- Beginning with the princess, split the Very Light Plum embroidery floss in half and whip stitch the dress onto the body piece.
- Split the Ultra Very Light Mahogany in half and whip stitch the face onto the body piece.
Full tutorial available for members to download above.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun (or white glue listed below)
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Apricot, Sweet Pea, Doe Brown, Merlot, Marble, White, Charcoal, Ocean Blue, Lichen, and Fern
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Black 310, Ultra Very Light Mahogany 3856, Snow White B5200, Very Light Plum 3608, Medium Mocha Beige 3863, Garnet 816, Very Light Ash Gray 535, Dark Wedgewood 3842, Avocado Green 469, Very Light Avocado Green 471, and Gold
- Craft Eyes – 6mm or Black Beads 6mm
- Gold Glitter Heat Transfer Vinyl
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member