Since our last standing dog stuffie, we’ve been so excited to design another one for you! Our last pup was more of a sweet labrador, but in keeping with this month’s French Riviera theme, we’ve designed this adorable Felt French Bulldog for your collection. Complete with a jaunty red scarf, this stylish little pooch is ready for crafting.
Some construction knowledge is recommended for this project, making it perfect for our intermediate crafters. Need to brush up on your embroidery? No problem. Check out a few embroidery basics before you get started.
Frenchies were once considered the height of Parisian fashion. Members of the French elite would often carry them as status symbols, and they became a stylish accessory for fancy French laps. Today, these compact dogs are known for their sweet, playful nature, adorable faces, and cute bat-like ears — all features we took into account when designing this handsome little fellow. To get that French bulldog look, we used a straight stitch pulled taut on the face to simulate wrinkles. We also used a brown marker to add some color to the fur around the face and ears.
We’d love to see your petit chien when you’re all finished, so be sure to share your creation with us. Post a pic on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia or in our crafters’ community.
Stitches used: blanket, whip, ladder, straight, and backstitch.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Lia Griffith Wool Blend Felt — Almond, Raspberry, Sweet Pink, and Bark Brown
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Light Mocha Beige (3864) and Black (310)
- Black Safety Eyes — 5mm
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
- Markers — Karin Brushmarker Pro Henna (105)
- Tacky Glue
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.