A sweet addition to our play felt food collection. We love love love these cute-as-can-be felt ice cream bars! Our pattern below includes three different types of ice cream — mint with chocolate and sprinkles, chocolate (with one bite out of it), and strawberry.
This project is perfect for beginners and an easy one to cut by hand. Just check out our supplies list below to see what you need.
You’ll Melt for This Felt
New to crafting with felt? Take a bite out of this project with our simple step-by-step photo tutorial and instructions. For even more ice cream inspiration, check out our Pom Pom Ice Cream Shop, Ice Cream Pom Pom Garland, Ice Cream Shop Iron-On Designs and Ice Cream Shop Sign and Order Forms.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Needle
- Felt — Carnation Pink, Strawberry, Blush, Turquoise, White, and Bark Brown
- Embroidery Floss – Medium Pink (776), Very Dark Salmon (347), Ultra Light Dusty Rose (963),Light Turquoise (598), Ultra Dark Coffee Brown (938), and Snow White
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Stuffie Puff x2
- Fabric Pen
How to Make Felt Ice Cream Bars
- Gather the tools and materials listed above. Then download the template below.
- Cut out the felt and batting according to the template, using either your scissors or a cutting machine.
- For the strawberry ice cream: whip stitch your strawberries onto pink rectangular pieces using one strand of matching embroidery floss (see embroidery guide).
- Glue on the strawberry centers. Straight stitch lines out from the center in baby pink embroidery floss.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
still no calories since 2018 🙂
Hahaha. You are so funny!
Is this part of the January collection? These were posted way long ago but that’s what’s showing up in the January collection.
Yes, they are! Sometimes we curate some oldies but goodies into the collection.
These are so cute! I made them for my daughter and she loves them.
Thank you! I’m glad she loves them! Feel free to share photos 🙂 If you post on Instagram, just tag #MadeWithLia, or you can post them on our community page over on Mighty Networks!
What size should these Ice Cream Bars be? The SVG file is very, very small. Thanks for your help!
Ack! Something happened with the SVG file– it’s fixed now, thanks for pointing it out 🙂