We love love love these cute-as-can-be felt ice cream bars! Take a bite out of this project with our simple step-by-step photo tutorial and instructions. For even more ice cream inspiration, check out our Pom Pom Ice Cream Shop, Ice Cream Pom Pom Garland, Ice Cream Shop Iron-On Designs and Ice Cream Shop Sign and Order Forms. Have a sweet day!
Tools & Materials
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Sewing Needle
- Embroidery Floss
- Jumbo Popsicle Sticks
- Thick Poly Batting
- Fabric Pen or Marker
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut out the felt and batting according to the template.
- For the strawberry ice cream: whip stitch your strawberries onto pink rectangular pieces using one strand of matching embroidery floss (see embroidery guide).
- Glue on the strawberry centers. Straight stitch lines out from the center in baby pink embroidery floss.
- Seed stitch the strawberries.
- Blanket stitch the long side strip around the sides of one of the ice cream pieces using three strands of matching floss.
- Cut the bottom felt piece to fit the width of the popsicle stick.
- Blanket stitch the bottom piece on the short side using a new length of floss, then continue across the top on the longer side from using the existing floss from step 6.
- Blanket stitch the last side closed.
- Flip over and blanket stitch the second rectangle on three sides in the same fashion as before.
- Put in one layer of the poly batting to fit. Slide the popsicle stick through.
For our felt, we used Benzie Design’s Pink, Strawberry, Cotton Candy, Seafoam, White and Brown. As for our embroidery floss, we used DMC’s Baby Pink, Light Red, Medium Pink, Seafoam, White and Brown — all to match the aforementioned felt.
Strut Your Stuff!
Use #MadeWithLia and share photos of your latest projects — we just might feature you on our social media! Join the fun on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for a Lia Griffith membership for just $10 a month. Always feel free to reach out with questions and commentary — we love hearing from you. Cheers ~ Lia & Team