As summer approaches, some of us have been itching to travel. But for now we’ll settle for making things that originate from other countries and continents. If you couldn’t tell from our other June projects, this month’s collection is focused on East Asia. In Chinese culture, the lotus symbolizes purity of heart and mind. So we have created this lotus mug and felt lily pad to help you add a bit of zen to your morning tea or coffee.
Coasters for Your Pad
Of course you can make the lotus mug on its own. But we thought these felt lily pad coaster were a fun addition. If you love what the lotus flower represents, make sure to also check out our tutorial for our felt lotus flower.
As always, you can use a different color of vinyl to personalize your lotus mug. We chose a berry color for ours, but lotus flowers also come in white, red, blue, and purple. If you want to share your creation with us, just post photos to our Facebook page for members or on Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Wool Blend Felt — Any Green Shade
- Embroidery Floss – DMC Avocado Green (469)
- Vinyl – Cricut “Berry”
- Transfer Tape
- White Mug
How to Make a Lotus Mug & Felt Lily Pad Coasters
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut felt according to pattern, using either your scissors or cutting machine.
- Use a back stitch to create seven lines from the center of lily pad.
- Cut out vinyl according to the pattern.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.