How sweet is this felt midsummer crown that Krista designed? The flowers are easy to construct, and then it is only a matter of arranging them onto your wire crown how you like (or you can read our crafting tip below for guidance).
Because of the amount of flowers and leaves needed to make a lush crown, we recommend using a cutting machine to assist you.
Our felt midsummer crown is made up of Swedish summer wildflowers, such as cornflowers, daisies, forget-me-nots, and purple wildflowers. Wear it for a special event, family photos, or just because you want to! All of the felt colors we used are linked below, but you can always use whatever colors you prefer for your felt flowers and greenery.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: When arranging your flowers, we find it best to start with spacing out the larger flowers, then the smaller, before filling in the rest of the crown with plenty of greens. You can also make a few individual stems for a wildflower arrangement for your summer festivities.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt —Plum, Navy, Hydrangea, Tidepool, Bluebell, White, Ochre, Fern, Juniper, Lichen, and Moss
- 18-Gauge Green Paper Covered Wire
- 24-Gauge Green Paper-Covered Wire
- Vine Wire – Green
- Floral Tape — Lia Griffith Pine
- Brown Art Marker — Copic Walnut (E59)
How to Make a Felt Midsummer Crown
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a Cricut Maker (recommended) or scissors. The amounts shown in the PDF were enough to fill our whole crown, but you may want to cut extra leaves as needed.
- To make forget-me-nots: Cut 24-gauge floral wire into 4-inch long pieces and bend the ends into a small coil shape. Snip a small hole in the middle of the flower pieces, and slide the wire in. Glue the coil to the top.
- Cover the coiled wire with a small yellow circle of felt. Draw a dot in the middle with a brown art marker.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.