For those of you who loved our last two sets of pocket pals, Krista has designed a new set for you! These felt monster pocket pals are a great Halloween craft and so fun to gift to little ones along with some tiny treats.
In our pattern below you’ll find three different monsters plus candy corn pockets for them to hang out in.
The detail on these felt monster pocket pals is incredible! Krista chose a variety of orange felt colors to make them more Halloween themed, but of course you can choose whatever felt colors you want. We can’t wait to see your version of these cute, little monsters, so make sure to share them on our Facebook page for members or by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram.
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Stitches used: Blanket stitches, whip stitches, backstitch, satin stitch, and straight stitches. If you need more guidance on these stitches, check out our embroidery guide.
Crafting Tips: Like the treetop pals, we recommend cutting the pieces for these felt woodland pocket pals by hand due to their small size. There is also a lot of small stitching involved. So if you’re interested in an easy no-sew version, you can assemble a flat version of the animals instead using tacky glue and a fine point fabric marker for the faces.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Chopstick
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Poppy, Tangerine, Mango, Papaya, Kelp, Mint, White, and Black
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Tangerine (740), Medium Tangerine (741), Deep Canary (972), Light Apricot (3824), Light Bright Green (3851), Dark Celadon Green (3815), Snow White (B5200), and Black (310)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Tacky Glue
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
How to Make Felt Monster Pocket Pals
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors.
- Whip stitch the felt details onto the monster heads and the lagoon monster’s body using 1 strand of floss to match the felt colors. You can also opt for a no-sew and instead use a small amount of tacky glue.
- Backstitch on mouths and short straight stitches for nostrils using 2 strands of black floss.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.