You never know where your inspiration will come from! Last month, Krista showed us a cute mushroom wreath from Animal Crossing and my response was, “Oh yes, we need to do mushrooms!” The team laughed, of course (maybe I should have said make mushrooms?). Either way, these felt mushrooms are super cute and a beginner-friendly project.
To get started, just download our pattern below and follow our step-by-step tutorial. We have also listed all of the tools and materials that we used for this project.
A Medley of Mushrooms
Our PDF pattern has three different mushrooms ready to make in a variety of colors. It’s also very simple to cut by hand. In fact, Krista always recommends cutting felt projects with detail scissors for a more precise cut. However, if you want to use your Maker or Cameo 4, we have included an SVG file for you.
Once you are done crafting your felt mushrooms, share them with us! You can post photos in our crafter’s community or use the hashtag #MadeWithLia on Instagram. If you like the basket we put our mushrooms in, you can make your own basket out of a grocery bag!
Skill level: Beginner
Stitches used: Blanket stitch and backstitch. Need more guidance on these stitches? Check out our free embroidery guide.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Detail Scissors (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Wooden Skewer or Stuffing Tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Rose Quartz, Ruby, Almond, Hazelnut,Doe Brown, and Vanilla
- Embroidery Floss — Very Light Shell Pink (224), Christmas Red (321), Medium Mocha Beige (3863), Light Mocha Beige (3864), Light Brown (434), and Off White (746)
- Stuffing Beads (optional)
How to Make Felt Mushrooms
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to the pattern using scissors (recommended) or a Cricut Maker (optional). We made six mushrooms total in a mix of colors. Note: this tutorial shows the step-by-step for mushroom C, which has the same construction as A and B with the addition of a veil under the cap.
- Match up two of the cap pieces together and blanket stitch along one side, starting at the outer edge going up to the top. Use one strand of matching embroidery floss.
- Match up a third cap piece and continue to blanket stitch around the top and then down the side to attach. Knot off your thread.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
You can make these felt mushrooms for your felt veggie garden or to go with your stuffed woodland critters. Some other fun mushroom crafts are our paper mushroom treat boxes, our papercut woodland cake toppers, and our felted toadstools.
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
Love these! Turned them into ornaments for a little tree representing our nature center. Added felt birds and insects. It was a hit!
I am a beginner but managed the project well. Thanks for great instructions.
I love that idea! We do our best to help beginners find their craft confidence. 😉
No pattern. I joined, still no parrern
Hi Judy! We cannot find a membership for you under this name or email. Please email us at email@example.com and we can assist you further from there!