Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Channel your inner forest fairy with these tiny felted toadstools. Our designer Jessica has a knack for coming up with cute and whimsical felting concepts. For these mushrooms, she’s created a simple step-by-step tutorial that will make it easy for you to make your very own. Never tried felting before? This is the perfect first project to tackle. Small, simple, and straightforward – make shroom for some felting in your life!
Tools & Materials
- Low Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Felting Pad
- Lia Griffith Needle Felting Needle Holder
- Lia Griffith Felting Needles – pack of 6
- 2 1/2” Styrofoam ball or Needle Felting Core Wool
- 3” Styrofoam Cone
- Needle Felting Roving Wool – Natural White, and Strawberry
- Styrofoam Knife (optional)
- Gather the tools and materials listed above.
- Cut your styrofoam ball in half and cut 1” off the bottom of the cone. Foam balls can be replaced with the core wool and it will keep your needles sharper longer.
- Needle red felt roving on the top of the ball half.
- Needle white felt roving on the bottom of the ball half.
- Needle white felt dots on the mushroom cap.
- Trim any stray fibers around the cap.
- Wrap white roving around the cone and felt.
- Trim any stray fibers.
- Insert a toothpick halfway into the center of the cone and then place the cap on top. Secure with a hot glue.
When felting these toadstools, the styrofoam knife is optional – it can also be substituted for an X-acto knife. Figure out what’s most comfortable for your crafting process!
There’s Shroom for More!
Falling in love with felting? Click here for many more projects to peruse.
Please share photos of your finished felt projects using #MadeWithLia – we love seeing your creativity at work! Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, and Facebook and consider becoming a Lia Griffith member today. Cheers ~ Lia & Team
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member