Love the idea of making your own Christmas stockings? We have made a few different ones over the years and always love to come up with simple designs that anyone can make. Our felt owl stockings are an easy no-sew project for all skill levels and will look so cute hanging from your holiday mantel.
To help you make this project, we’ve created a pattern and photo tutorial for you to follow along with.
Hoot would have thought it’d be this easy?
We love a good no-sew project for the holidays! Although of course if you do want to bust out your sewing machine, make sure to check out our embroidered flower Christmas stockings that we designed for beginners. Otherwise, scroll on down to our tools and materials list to get started on your felt owl stockings.
If you need some more inspiration, we think these stockings would be perfect for a woodland-themed holiday mantel or shelf. We have tons of woodland crafts that you can use as holiday decor, too. Or you can always just decorate your mantel with some simple greenery.
Skill level: Beginner
Size: 16 inches from top to bottom.
Crafting tips: If you don’t have a 24-inch mat, you can tape two 12-inch mats together. Be sure to layer a piece of fabric between the heat transfer vinyl and the iron or else it will melt.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Cricut EasyPress or Iron
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Owl 1: Dove, Pebble, and Antique. Owl 2:Vanilla, Oyster, and Mushroom
- Heat Transfer Vinyl – Owl 1: Rose Gold. Owl 2: Gold
- Fusible Bonding Web
- 24″ Cutting Mat
How to Make Felt Owl Stockings
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download our felt owl stocking pattern below.
- Cut out all of your felt pieces using either your cutting machine or scissors.
- Place fusible bonding web between the top, toe, and heel pieces.
- Heat the pieces with an iron for 30 seconds.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.