A member request! These felt pears that Krista designed are the perfect project to add to your felt fruit collection, and just in time for fall. Plus, they are one of our easier felt crafts.
To get started, check out our tools and materials below. You can find our template below along with the tutorial, which shows how to make whole pears and half pears.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
The Perfect Pear
If you’re looking for fall decor, just add these felt pears to a bowl on your table. Or you can craft them for your kids to play with. For some variation, we chose two yellow felt colors as well as a light brown felt to make our pears.
Stitches used: This project uses blanket, straight, back, and double running stitches. For more guidance on these stitches, check out our embroidery guide.
Crafting tip: After sewing up your felt pears, roll them in your hands to smooth out the seams and any lumps.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make Felt Pears
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (optional) or scissors. Note that there are two patterns – one for a half pear and the other for a whole pear.
- To make a whole pear: working in two halves, pin together two of the pear side pieces. Use 2 strands of matching floss, blanket stitch them together along one edge, starting at the bottom (the wider end of the pear).
- Match the edge of one of the sewn pieces with a third and continue to blanket stitch around the top and down the second edge.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
- Cricut Maker 3 or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Straight Pins
- Stuffing Tool
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt – Ochre, Mustard, Hazelnut, Peat Moss, Vanilla, and Pine
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Very Dark Straw (3852), Medium Yellow (743), Avocado Green (469), Light Hazelnut Brown (422), and Light Brown (434)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing – Extra Firm
- Fabric Pen — Dritz Disappearing Ink
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member