You are the Pom!
Pomegranates are not only a tasty winter fruit, but they are also beautiful to look at. That makes these handmade felt pomegranates a beautiful addition to your winter holiday decor. Or you can craft them for your kids’ play felt food collection.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
We have made several versions of crepe paper pomegranates over the past few years. So now it is time for a felt version! These felt pomegranates are a beginner-friendly craft project and offer new techniques to challenge the experienced crafter.
Our tutorial teaches how to make whole pomegranates as well as halves. In addition, the sliced version of the handmade felt pomegranates shows seeds. Krista teaches you how to create these by hand painting with non-toxic markers.
Once you have finished your handmade felt pomegranates, you can display them in a bowl, or decorate your holiday mantel or gift them to a little one for a play kitchen. We also added our 1cm wool felt balls for our display, though this is optional.
Stitches used: This project uses a blanket, ladder, and whip stitches. Want more guidance on these stitches? Check out our embroidery guide. Or you can watch our felt stuffie Skill Course to watch the techniques from start to finish.
How to Make Felt Pomegranates
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to template using scissors or a cutting machine with a rotary blade.
- Whole pomegranate: Blanket stitch 2 of the side pieces together along an edge, starting at one end. Use 2 strands of matching floss.
- Match up the edge of one of the sewn pieces with a third side piece. Continue to blanket stitch around the pointed end and along the second edge to attach it. Knot off your floss.
Full tutorial available for members to download.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (optional)
- Detail Scissors
- Embroidery Needles
- Clover Applique Sewing Pins
- Stuffing Tool or Chopstick
- Needle Threader (optional)
- Iron, Ironing Board, and Press Cloth
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Pomegranate, Vanilla, and Hazelnut
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Garnet (816) and Light Brown (434)
- Polyester Fiber Fill — Lia Griffith Stuffie Puff
- Tacky Glue
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing — Extra Firm
- Karin Brushmarker Pro – Burgundy
- Posca Paint Marker – 3M Fine Reversible Bullet – Ivory
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Felt Balls – 1cm Pomegranate (optional for display)
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member