We love coming up with fun DIY ideas for holiday tables. In the past, we have made crepe paper mistletoe napkin rings and paper bird treat boxes — both of which are very easy to craft. So this year, Emily has created a simple felt tree flatware wrap to make your Christmas table settings feel a little more merry.
Due to the tiny, intricate details of this project, we recommend using a Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4. But of course, we always include a PDF template if you want to cut by hand.
That’s a wrap!
While floral arrangements and centerpieces can make your Christmas table feel extra special, adding small, festive touches can also do the trick. And it will take less time! After you’ve made your felt tree flatware wrap, simply fold it around each set of utensils and tie a bow around it with some ribbon.
Once your guests unfold their flatware wrap, they’ll get a fun surprise too — a sweet holiday message on the inside! Our SVG file and template below include four different sayings you can iron on: Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Gratitude & Joy, and Merry Everything.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: Use a thin cloth or paper towel between the heat transfer vinyl and the iron to avoid melting.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- StarCraft Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress, or Iron
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Malachite
- Gold Ribbon
- Heat Transfer Vinyl – Siser Easyweed Vegas Gold
How to Make a Felt Tree Flatware Wrap
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt and heat transfer vinyl with a cutting machine.
- Weed around the text and place it sticky side down.
- Heat iron and prepare a cloth or paper towel to use as a barrier.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.