Like getting crafty for Valentine’s Day? Here’s a fun, little twist on a classic tradition! Designed by Emily, these felt valentines play cards are easy to make and include a game on the inside so kids can play tic-tac-toe together with their friends.
While the felt pieces are simple enough to cut by hand, we recommend using a cutting machine for the intricate iron-on messaging. Just follow our tutorial below to make your own versions!
Let’s Be Zesties!
To complement our other citrus projects this month, these felt valentines play cards feature an orange and lemon with the wording, “Let’s be zesties!” on the front. There are also a few hearts to show the love between these two zesties (or besties). On the inside is where you’ll create a tic-tac-toe game board plus a pocket on the left for your game pieces, which have Xs and Os on little lemons and oranges.
Not only are these felt valentines play cards fun for kids to share with their friends, but they’re also a great way for kids to connect and engage with each other. Your little ones can even help you make them by picking out the felt colors they want to use and gluing the pieces on. When you’re ready to start crafting, just gather your supplies and download our pattern and tutorial below.
Skill level: Beginner
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended for iron-on)
- Craft Scissors
- StarCraft Heat Press, Cricut EasyPress, or Iron
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Tweezers or weeding tool
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Blush, English Rose, Sweet Pea or Pistachio, Pale Jade, Lime.
- Siser Easy Weed Wonderland Pack – Green Olive, White
- Heat N Bond Fusible Interfacing
How to Make Felt Valentines Play Cards
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a Cricut Maker (recommended) or scissors.
- Layer the largest square with fusible bonding web and put in place.
- Iron for 30 seconds to 1 minute at 350 degrees.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
For more fun DIY projects like this one, check out all our felt crafts. Or browse more ideas for Valentine’s Day!
Become a Member to unlock this project
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
[…] source […]
[…] The source […]
[…] la source […]
[…] fuente […]
[…] fuente […]