Love decorating with natural elements, especially for fall? Today we’re showing you how to make these beautiful felt wheat stalks that Krista designed.
Since it is a bit time-consuming to make each individual grain, we recommend using a cutting machine for this project. But you can always cut by hand using our template below.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
The S-Wheat Life
Wheat stalks make such beautiful fall decor (along with autumn leaves and wreaths!). Not only do they add such interesting texture to your space, but the neutral colors are also very calming to look at and can fit in with any type of home decor.
Another great thing about these felt wheat stalks is that they use very few materials. And with just a bit of time, you can make a bunch of stalks and style them in a vase for fall harvest.
How to Make Felt Wheat Stalks
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut out felt according to pattern using a cutting machine (recommended) or scissors. Each wheat stalk needs 30 of the felt grain pieces.
- Separating a length of floss into 2 strands, glue the ends to one side of the bowtie felt shape.
- Glue and fold in half with the floss between, the edges of the felt matched up.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cricut Maker or Silhouette Cameo 4 (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- Low-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Lia Griffith’s Wool Blend Felt — Desert
- Embroidery Floss — DMC Light Hazelnut Brown (422)
- Floral Wire – 18-Gauge Paper Covered Green
- Aleene’s Stiffen-Quick Fabric Stiffening Spray
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member