Love all things pumpkin? If so, we’ll show you how to craft a whole patch of our adorable felted mini pumpkins. These pumpkins are a wonderful decoration for the Halloween season and beyond. You could place these pumpkins on your mantel, set them on a shelving unit, or use them to dress up your holiday table.
To craft our felted mini pumpkins, we used roving felt from Benzie in White, Swallow, Queensland, Smoke, Sage, and Fern. But there are so many gorgeous colors to choose from… why not play around with a palette of your own design? Simply gather the supplies listed below and follow along with our step-by-step photo tutorial for pumpkin fun made easy.
If you haven’t done any needle-felting before, our needle-felting video for beginners might help! Of course, if you have any questions while crafting these felted mini pumpkins, just comment below. And don’t forget to share your creations with us on our Facebook page or on your own Instagram with the hashtag #MadeWithLia. Happy crafting! ~Lia and team
Tools & Materials
- Felting Needle
- Wool Roving
- Baking Clay – Tan and Brown
- Foam Balls (variety of sizes)
How to Make a Mini Felted Pumpkin
- Gather the craft tools and materials listed above for this pumpkin DIY.
- Cover the foam ball with roving felt. Poke the roving repeatedly with a felting needle.
- Use a toothpick to create pumpkin lines; then fill the holes by adding more roving felt.
- Form pumpkin tops with baking clay, adding lines for texture. Stick them onto the end of a toothpick and bake at 275°F for 12-15 min.
- Stick the stem into the top of your pumpkin.
Craft With Us