Come Fly With Me
Whether you’re off to a tropical destination or an important business trip, these foiled luggage tags will have you looking stylish on the runway. They’re the perfect size to slip your business card into so your valuables don’t get lost. Plus we love the sheen this foiling technique gives; it’s a great way to catch your eye at baggage claim. We’ve included two different tropical leaf SVGS for this project. All you have to do is gather the tools and materials listed below, follow our super simple steps and pack your bags!
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Leather – we use scraps from our local leather supplier but you can also use this
- Tacky Glue
- Gold Paint Pen
- Iron-on – Cricut Foil Iron-on “Light Gold”
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Cut out the leather according to the template notes using a detail knife.
- Glue the 2 pieces of the luggage tag together, only place glue along 3 sides of the tag leaving the top open so you can slide a name card in.
- Thread the leather strip through both holes in the tag, use pliers to pull it through.
- Glue the two ends of the leather strip together then glue them to one end of the fringed piece.
- Glue and roll the fringed piece around to make a tassel .
- Color the edges using a gold paint pen.
- Iron the tropical leaf onto the back of your luggage tag.
More to Explore
We are here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s. Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Happy crafting ~ Lia and Team