Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Fiddle leaf fig plants make quite the statement with their large bold leaves. And this DIY paper version that Meagan designed is no exception! As the newest addition to our paper plant collection, this frosted paper fiddle leaf fig plant has a glowing shiny finish that is absolutely eye-catching.
To get started, check out our supplies list below. Then download the template and tutorial at the end of the post.
This frosted paper fiddle leaf fig plant is a great project for both the beginner and the intermediate paper crafter. Though our version is a tabletop size, you can experiment with making a larger plant by simply adding larger leaves at the base, which will also add height. If you are a more experienced crafter, you might be interested in making our larger crepe paper fiddle leaf fig plant.
When you are finished making your frosted paper fiddle leaf fig plant, we’d love to see your version and what you do with it! This is a beautiful plant to keep in your home, place on your office desk, or give as a gift.
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tip: Gently shape the finished leaves by bending the wires, being careful not to wrinkle the paper. Then use your curling tool on the edges to add more shape.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack Color 3
- Art Glitter Glue
- Bind Wire – Natural
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Floral Tape — Bark & Pine
- Posca Paint Marker – 3M Fine Reversible Bullet — Ivory
- Karin Brushmarker Pro — Lime Green
How to Make a Frosted Paper Fiddle Leaf Fig Plant
- Gather your tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut out paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Use white glue to attach a 10 inch piece of bind wire down the center of each leaf. Glue to the not scored side of the leaf.
- Cut 8 pieces of bind wire the length of each score line. Glue each wire down using the score lines as a guide. Do not add wires to the top two score lines.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member