Our maker, Meagan is back at it again with this crepe paper fiddle leaf fig tree. We walked in to find this masterpiece of a project that solicited tons of ooos, ahhs and wows around our office. We’ll share the special technique Meagan uses to make this project crazy realistic. So gather your tools and materials, follow along with our tutorial and you’ll be fit as a fiddle to make this impressive tree.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Click here for more information.
- Double Sided Crepe Paper – Lia Griffith “Ferns + Moss”
- Art Marker – Copic Sketch “Celadon Green (YG25)”
- Green Paper Covered Floral Wire – 18 Gauge
- Floral Tape – Lia Griffith “Bark”
- Acrylic Paint – Blick Acrylic Matte “Green Blue Light”
- Mod Podge
- Tacky Glue
- Dried Branch from your backyard
- Gather the tools and materials.
- Paint 8” x 10” pieces of crepe paper with mod podge on both sides.
- Allow the mod podge to dry then cut the crepe paper according to template notes.
- Use tacky glue to attach a wire to the back of the leaf, then glue a strip of crepe paper over the wire to secure it in place.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here.
Flaunt Your Flower Power!
Share what you’ve been up to by using #MadeWithLia . We love seeing the creative magic you conjure so strut your stuff and flaunt those project photos for all to see — your creativity is our biggest inspiration!
We’re here to help you explore your creativity with daily inspiration, downloadable cut files and printable templates that make your craft life easier. We believe in the power of creativity to nurture the soul and to empower us. Our designs are created with simplicity in mind and we always strive to provide you with the highest quality DIY’s.
Membership gains you access to our full library of DIY project tutorials complete with pattern downloads and instructions. Head over to our membership page to see a full list of benefits. And be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. We look forward to making this the most creative year of your life! Enjoy ~ Lia & Team