Although it is fairly simple to find tropical plants at a grocery store or garden center, we would much rather make our own versions. Last summer we made a few tropical plants in various shades of green, so we wanted to create something a bit more exotic and colorful. This frosted paper Guzmania is perfect for beginners and will look so beautiful in your dining room, on your mantel, or on an entryway table.
All you need is a few tools and materials plus our flower pattern below. This flower is easy enough to cut by hand, but you can always download our SVG file if you prefer to use your cutting machine.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Oh my Guzmania
This frosted paper Guzmania is such a gorgeous flower, And it’s also very simple to make! In fact, older kids who know how to use a hot glue gun could easily help you craft it or even make it on their own.
If you look closely, you will see that our frosted paper Guzmania varies in color from light pink to medium pink to dark pink. To get that ombré effect, we used three colors from our pink frosted paper pack and colored the petals with a spray tint. Not only does this add color to your flowers, but it also maintains the color of your paper as well.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
How to Make a Frosted Paper Guzmania
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the flower pattern below.
- Cut paper according to the pattern using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Spray the base on both sides of petals with spray tint to create an ombré effect; use coral bell on darkest petals and osiana peach on two lightest pink petals.
- Starting with the smallest, lightest pink petals, use hot glue to attach the first petal to the tip of the stem wire.
Full tutorial available for members. Join here!
Want more tropical crafts? Be sure to look through our entire May Craft Collection and browse all of our tropical projects for additional ideas.
For more DIY craft inspiration, join us on Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram. Or browse our YouTube channel for video tutorials on making flowers, home decor, and other beautiful projects you can cherish forever!
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack: Color 3 and Melon Pack: Colors 1, 2, and 3
- Design Master Just For Flowers Spray – Coral Bell and Osiana Peach
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member