Nothing says springtime like blossoming peonies! The growing season for live peonies is brief. So making big, beautiful flowers from different types of paper is a definite favorite for crafters. I have been playing around with a new design and today I’m sharing the flower pattern so you can make your own frosted paper heirloom peony blooms.
After all, nothing will lift someone’s spirits or bring a smile to your loved one’s face like a big bouquet of paper peonies!
A peony for your thoughts?
We have many versions of this pretty bloom in different crepe papers, felt, and, frosted paper for you to pick from. But today, I made a new version that is large, lush, and very simple to assemble. This frosted paper heirloom peony is a perfect beginner flower for those who are new to frosted paper flower making. If you are just getting started, you may enjoy the video on 10 Things to Know About Frosted Paper Flowers as it shares all of my tips and tricks to making beautiful frosted paper blooms.
Though you can cut all of the pieces for this frosted paper heirloom peony with your craft scissors, the detailed centers are a great place to use the cutting machine. Once all of your peony pieces are cut, you can add shape and dimension by carefully curling each petal of each layer of petals. After curling, the blooms are simple to assemble, and you can follow along with me in our video tutorial below.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Craft Scissors
- Detail Scissors
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Berry Pack: Colors: 2, 3, & 4, Citrus Pack: Color 3, and Conifer Pack: Colors 2 & 4
- NOTE: You will need 3 pieces of 12×12 paper for the petals to make 1 peony. Each pack of frosted paper comes with 5 sheets of each color listed, so if you want to make more than 1 flower in a specific color, be sure to buy more than 1 pack.
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Brush Marker – Magenta
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.