Our graphic designer Lindsay is so creative when it comes to designing different types of paper lanterns for the season. And since pumpkin decor is always a fall favorite, she has created these paper pumpkin lanterns for this month’s collection.
This is an easy craft project, especially if you are using a cutting machine. If not, you can always use detail scissors to cut these cute, little pumpkins.
Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
Oh my gourd, these are cute
Once you’ve crafted your paper pumpkin lanterns, you can use them to decorate your mantel for fall. Or they also look really pretty as table decor. Like some of our other crafts in this collection, you can make them now and enjoy them until you’re ready to switch your home decor for the holiday season.
If you couldn’t tell by looking at the rest of our collection, we are loving this soft pink and orange palette for fall. You can use the same colors we did for your paper pumpkin lanterns or choose whatever colors you want to fit your personal style. Whatever you do, share pictures with us by tagging #MadeWithLia on Instagram or posting to our Facebook page for members.
- Cut pumpkin design using our PDF template or SVG cut file.
- Use curling tool to curve each panel on the pumpkins, and to give shape to the leaves. Curl the long, skinny piece of the leaf so it spirals.
- Score and fold the center piece that will support the shape of the pumpkin. Add hot glue or use a dot roller to adhere the large circle of the center piece to the inside center of the pumpkin.
- Add glue to one of the small circle ends of the center piece, then connect to the other small circle at the top.
- One at a time, bring 5 of the 6 panels up to the top of the center piece and glue the small circles on top of each other.
- Insert an LED tealight into the center of the pumpkin.
- Bring up the final panel of the pumpkin, and glue in place.
- Glue the leaf to the top of the pumpkin, with spiral stem facing up.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Cutting Machine (recommended)
- Detail Scissors
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun or Adhesive Dot Roller
- Curling Tool
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Citrus Pack (colors 2 & 4), Melon Pack (colors 1 & 2), and Conifer Pack (colors 2 & 4)
- LED Tea Lights
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member