We love giving you simple ways to bring beautiful greenery into your home. This frosted paper umbrella tree is an easy DIY project that is also scalable. Just add more branches and leaves or make the trunk a bit taller if you want — it’s up to you!
The leaves are easy enough to cut by hand with our printable template. Or you can always download our SVG file if you prefer to use your cutting machine.
Love paper plants? We’ve got you covered!
This tree gets its name from the shape of its leaves and how they fan out like an umbrella. Each branch typically has anywhere from 5–10 oval-shaped leaves, so you can always play around with how many leaves you use per branch. Either way, we will walk you through how to make this frosted paper umbrella tree step by step so you can craft your own version with confidence.
Crafting Tip: If you want to change the size of your tree, you can cut longer pieces of vine wire to make your tree taller. You can also add more branches and leaves, or use more vine wire if you want a thicker trunk for your umbrella tree.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors or Cutting Machine
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- Curling Tool
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack: Color 3
- Bind Wire – Natural
- Naturally Wrapped Vine Wire
- Mod Podge
- Floral Tape — Bark
- Floral Foam
How to Make a Frosted Paper Umbrella Tree
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the pattern below.
- Cut 21 pieces of naturally wrapped vine wire, each 14″ in length.
- Use brown floral tape to attach the ends of all 21 wires; tape about 3 inches of wire for a good hold.
- Separate all of the wires into three groups of seven.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
When you’re finished crafting this frosted paper umbrella tree or anything else from our site, remember to share it with us on Instagram or Facebook by tagging #MadeWithLia.
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.