Goodies You Can't Google
You've found a member-exclusive project. But for less than the price of a fancy coffee... You'll get instant access to this and over 2,000 other premium projects inside the Lia Griffith membership!Become a Member
This month’s collection features a variety of desert-inspired projects, including our felt barrel cactus and our cactus wall hanging. We have made quite a few cactus crafts over the years. So we’re branching out today by making another plant that can be found in the desert. Designed by Meagan, our frosted paper yucca plant is simple to cut by hand and easy to assemble using a high-temp hot glue gun.
When you’re ready to craft this project, check out our supplies list below. Then download the template and tutorial at the bottom of the post.
Yuccan do it
If you’re new to making paper plants, this frosted paper yucca plant is the perfect project for you. It’s also a fun one because it involves some coloring. You can use the same PanPastel colors we used to add more detail to the leaves. Or you can experiment with different colors to make your own variegated leaves. Either way you will end up with a unique plant!
Skill level: Beginner
Crafting tips: Be sure not to blend the colors too much to avoid it getting muddy. Use a clean sponge to soften the edge of each color.
This content uses links from which we may earn a commission. Disclosure.
- Craft Scissors
- Cutting Machine (optional)
- Curling Tool
- Needle-Nose Pliers/Wire Cutters
- High-Temp Hot Glue Gun
- Sofft Knives & Covers Set
- Lia Griffith Frosted Craft Paper – Succulent Pack: Color 2
- Thick Paper Covered Stem Wire
- Posca Paint Marker 5M Fine Reversible Bullet — White
- PanPastel Artist Pastel – Magenta 430.5, Orange 280.5, Red Iron Oxide Tint 380.8, and Hansa Yellow Shade 220.3
How to Make a Frosted Paper Yucca Plant
- Gather your craft tools and materials. Then download the template below.
- Cut paper according to template using scissors or a cutting machine.
- Color the center of each leaf using a white Posca marker.
- Color up the center of the white area with the magenta PanPastel.
Full tutorial available for members to download below.
All the Goodies You Can't Google 🎁
Tired of scrolling endlessly for the perfect project? Save time, money, and Google-induced headaches with us! Our membership makes it easy to create beautifully finished crafts without needing to look all over the internet for ideas and materials or spend lots of money on individual videos and templates.Become a Member