We all know the virtues of drinking plenty of water. But let’s admit it, after your 6th glass of filtered H2O you’ve lost interest! It’s for this reason that we are sharing these infused waters recipes today. Our team member, Emily, makes one at the beginning of each week then simply refills the jug with fresh filtered water every evening – no need to cut fresh fruits and herbs every day! The beauty of infused water is that you can literally add any fruit, veg, herb or spice you like. Below is a list of our favorite infused water ingredients with some tips for really great combinations. Be creative though! Experiment with different combinations, try new flavors and find an infused water recipe that you love.
- Fruit – Berries, Melon, Pineapple, Coconut, Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Oranges, Apples and Pears
- Vegetables – Cucumber, Celery, Carrots and Fennel
- Herbs – Mint, Basil, Rosemary, Thyme, Cilantro and Parsley
- Spices – Fresh ginger, Cinnamon Sticks, Cloves, Cardamom Pods and Vanilla Bean
- Edible Flowers – Lavender, Rose, Hibiscus, Jasmine and Pansies
When making your infused water add your ingredients little by little and taste to test. You love mint – then throw more in! For this shoot we made the following combinations.
- Cucumber, Lime and Mint – fresh, uplifting combination, perfect for the start of the day
- Pineapple, Mint and Ginger – ginger makes this water great for easing digestive problems
- Strawberry, Lemon and Basil – a fresh take on our herb infused popsicles!
Here is one tip we wanted to share: we found that citrus is best inserted when you are ready to drink the water rather than using it to infuse. The citrus will add a bit of a bitter taste if left in too long, so we keep a container of pre-sliced lemons and limes in the refrigerator, ready to use.
Become a Member to get more projects
Are you having trouble? Feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help you out.
i will try the fruit one sounds good
It is delicious and definitely helps me drinking my gallon of water each day. Just make sure you don’t leave lemon or limes in overnight, gives it a really bitter taste.